All employment opportunities will be posted here when they arise. Applicants may express interest and submit a cover letter and resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org, or apply to select positions via Indeed.
Part Time Art Teacher
Bethlehem Christian School, an interdenominational school in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, is seeking a candidate for hire as a part-time Art instructor for K-12. This teacher will instruct students in the basic principles of art and art history.
The Art Teacher will perform all or some of the following Job description:
- Supervise and assist students.
- Plan differentiated lessons on art and art history.
- Provide individual and small-group instruction to adapt the content to the needs of students with varying intellectual and artistic abilities, and to accommodate a variety of instructional activities.
- Teach developmentally-appropriate instruction on techniques in a variety of mediums.
- Know and apply elements of design and modern principles of art.
- Encourage creativity and self-expression among students.
- Record and report on student’s progress.
- Prepare the classroom by gathering and setting up equipment.
- Instruct students in proper care and use of tools and equipment.
- Ensure the classroom is clean after each lesson and at the end of the day.
- Plan and present art displays and exhibitions designed to exhibit students’ work for the school and the community.
- Monitor inventory of art supplies as needed.
- Work well as a member of a team.
- Strong communication/organizational skills are necessary as you work in partnership with the school’s parents and students.
- Maintain professional competence through in-service education activities provided by the school and/or in self-selected professional growth activities.
- Participate in developmental programs, such as after school art club.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by Administration.
Minimum Education Requirements/Knowledge
Two years’ work experience as an Art Teacher
Minimum Education Requirements/Certification
Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts or Humanities with teaching qualification, or equivalent.